Thursday, September 2, 2021

Blog Post #1

 5 Sources of Where I Get News

As much as i like to stay unplugged with my phone, it is always important to stay with current with what is going on in the world around you. My five new sources are Twitter, Youtube, ABC on the News App, Tik Tok, and the Citizen app.

Source: Twitter

1. Twitter

I always go to Twitter to get my immediate source of news. Whenever I get a notification of a headline going on I get on the app right away to see updates in real-time. I love how easy I can get the gist of a newsworthy situation by one tweet. I also like how in real-time it is, the news is almost immediate or being posted as events are unfolding.


Source: Youtube

2. Youtube

I go to Youtube to get my news when I want a lengthier information on a news story. Youtube is great because they can provide you with longer videos in specific about what is going on. Another reason I like to use Youtube for my news is the fact they will give you recommended videos after you finished a video on the same subject matter. So you can get other perspectives and education on the news rather than one video or news source.

Apple News | Logopedia | Fandom

Source: News App on Apple

3. ABC on Apple news app

I like to scroll through the News app often. Normally when I am on the news app is when I cannot sleep so I will just read the news late at night. ABC news articles on the Apple News app is where I can read in depth and get a journalists written perspective rather than a quick tweet with a headline or a youtube video. Its also nice that I can choose which News outlet I can follow and read from.

Analysis: Why TikTok is open for business

Source: Tik Tok

4. Tik Tok

Tik Tok is a great app despite its controversy. I like how Tik Tok puts current events on my page despite when I enter the app to distract me from the "real world." Tik Tok makes effforts to keep kids informed and create conversations flowing in comments surrounding the news. News outlets also capitlize on the fact they can get there headlines out like trailers in short videos posted on the app. From there we can get more informagtion from their account if we are intrested in the story. 

Citizen - Connect and stay safe.

Source: Citizen App

5. Citizen

Citizen is one of my personal favorite apps. Citizen allows you to see what is happening by real people and not reporters. you can see your local news and media from this app by putting your location in. although it is offered in only cities, it allows you to see what notable events have taken place. Citizen gives information about crime, traffic, demonstrations, events, and even the spread of covid in an area. Citizens' main priority is to keep users in the know, and safe from danger in their area. Finally it keeps me and my family safer with the location feature, whenever I go into the city we can stay safe and avoid conflict. For example we can also watch my dad in the FDNY put out fires, we can watch the fires and situations he is at to know he is safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Diffusion of Innovation

 The concept of diffusion theory is so interesting. This theory is so important to what we learn in communications and especially important ...